Here’s a couple of shots of my “finished” charging port and bracket and the associated wiring and electronics before I mounted it. I say “finished”, because I’m currently redesigning the circuit again to accommodate for charging two sets of batteries to work around the RoboteQ problem I experienced at WonderCon.
I ended up soldering the LED array to a small board. They were okay as standalone strings, but mounting them permanently to the bracket was easier this way. The ribbon cable on the left runs to the PICAXE board, and I braced it to make sure the wires wouldn’t pull out
Here it is installed in back of the port bracket
I added a length of acrylic to the original aluminum bracket to mount the additional electronics on it
Here’s the PICAXE board mounted. It drives the LED array
Almost done. I wired in the relay and switch that runs to the main fuse block and batteries.
The relay is hard to see, but click on the image to see the large image and the relay is on the top right of the photo