I spent the first half of the evening working on the rear panel where I’m going to mount the electronics. I decide to switch out the alu plate for some acrylic – mostly for safety reasons. I’m going to have a lot of things mounted in this area, some of which could be very high current, and I really should try and isolate things the best I can.
I wanted to have easy access to the batteries inside the frame, so I fabricated some metal hinges for the panel out of some old water heater strapping. I was going to use 3/4″ nylon straps, but they were too tight on the vertical rods and the door wouldn’t swing. I ended up reused the nylon straps to make so latches for the left hand side.
I also split the door panel in two to get it to fit as far as I could.