I got a lot done this weekend. All the major/required holes are now drilled out and test fitting of all the bits that poke through.
Took my time on the last hole, the back PSI, as there wasn’t any room for error. I used the same hole cutter method as before but went extra slow and double checked all my measurements.
I also installed all the holoprojectors with some screws that go through the inner dome.
I still need to JB weld the screws in and I’m not sure if I’m happy with the result. I’m worried that the screws may eventually give out or pull through the dome.
I got to work on some of the electronics and made up some quick housing for the PSI circuits. Nothing fancy just some 1 1/4″ PVC pipe couplers and end stops/plugs. I cut down/sanded the plug make it easier to remove, and added a slot to feed the wires in. I also stuffed the tube with some bubble wrap to help diffuse the light. Eventually I’ll change the wire and hotglue the circuit board into the cap/plug.
I was anxious to do a full test fit of all the dome parts installed, so here’s a quick photo of th rear logic and a holoprojector installed
Here’s a test video of the rear logic and psi in action (ignore the wrong color on the PSI 🙂 )
Now I need to cut out the final outer dome panels and start thinking about painting.
I guess I also need to decide if I’m going to cut the remaining pie panels to make them open.